Dirty Germans is a car and bike club founded in Tacoma, WA. The court of the club includes ranked officials as follows; the President, Vice President, Administrator, Road Captain, and Security. It also includes elected officers, who are not ranked members but share in the responsibility for voting on club matters, these members are known as the Executive Board. All others may be appointed by the President with a confidence vote from court patch-holders in good standing.
The court duties are as follows;
The executive duties of the president are as follows:
1. Supervise over meetings of both the court and the club as a whole.
2. Judge items not covered in the constitution or in the rules/regulations.
3. Directorship gives the president authority to judge items not in the constitution.
4. To act as the personal representative of the club in the area of public relations; as a liaison between the DG-CBC and local-law enforcement agencies; and as a connecting link between the DG-CBC and other clubs.
5. To represent the club in any club business contacts and to supervise major economic transactions.
6. To assist DG-CBC ranked members in the interpretation of their club responsibilities, and to promote club life among members in general.
The executive duties of the vice president are to assume the responsibilities of the presidency when the president is unable to do so.
The executive duties of the administrator are as follows:
1. To maintain the Club Constitution, recording any additions, deletions, or modifications.
2. To handle any club correspondence.
3. To maintain club membership documentation. Including ranked member status.
4. To monitor and record the club’s income and expenditures.
5. To collect the dues and fees owing by members.
6. Manage club social media and website posts.
The executive duties of the road captain are as follows:
1. To plan the travel routes and organize the basic itinerary of the club prior to going on a cruise.
2. To lead the club in formation while riding in a cruise.
3. To enforce club rules and procedures for group cruising.
The executive duties of ranked security are as follows:
1. To maintain order at club meetings in particular, and club activities in general.
2. To ensure that members adhere to club rulings, policies, and expected models of conduct when dealing with other members or outsiders.
3. To defend club members, property, or territory from outside threats.
The executive board members are ranked Officer and are responsible for:
1. The monitoring of conflicts within the club.
2. The application of disciplinary procedures.
3. The evaluation of prospects and their progress.
4. The presentation of summarized assessments of the overall club situation to the court.
The Court will consist of all ranked patch holders and members of the executive board voted in by the ranked members.
Ranked positions (excluding President, Vice President, and Administrator) may be challenged and voted on by the rest of the court at the end of a 12 month term. Terms are from April to April.
1. In order to be eligible for the court, a patch holder has to have been an active member in good standing for a minimum of one year.
2. Patch holders who aspire towards a particular position will campaign informally for one month prior to the elections.
3. Decisions will be decided by majority vote made by the court.
4. Hopeful candidate will approach current ranked member, inform them what he is willing to stand for if nominated, ask for the member’s opinion of his qualifications, and solicit the member’s support.
5. If a ranked member gets voted to be replaced my another member, current ranked member becomes officer of executive board.
1. One organized meeting per month at the Clubhouse.
2. Majority rules when voting on club decisions.
3. If a vote is taken at a meeting and a member is not there, his vote is void.
4. Meetings will be closed except for prospective members and anyone there on business.
5. All meetings will be run on a parliamentary basis. Members will be evicted for unruly conduct.
6. Everyone will attend the meeting. If the club calls a meeting, all members will attend. If a member is working, sick, car/bike not running, he will be excused.
However, if a Dirty German repeatedly uses work as an excuse for not being there, he will be talked to and if needed membership will be voted on by the court. Miss three (3) organized meetings in a row and you’re out of the club.
7. Members must wear DG gear when attending meetings.
8. Members must be of sound mind when attending meetings.
9. If a member attends a meeting and is incoherent, he will be FINED $50.
10. During a meeting there will be no talking among members until they get the floor through the president. Security, if not present, will be appointed and anyone not abiding by the above will be evicted by security.
11. Members must attend meetings to leave club and turn in his patches.
12. If a member is thrown out of the club or quits without attending meetings, he is stripped of his patches and is blacklisted from joining the club again.
1. Prospects must be at least 21 years old.
2. Prospects must have a car/bike that they are building/built.
3. Prospects must show a sincere interest in the club and cars/bikes.
4. Prospects must be sponsored by one member who has known him at least one year (may be waived by vote).
5. Sponsor is responsible for prospect.
6. Sponsor can pull a prospect’s patch at his discretion.
7. Prospects must attend all meetings and club functions.
8. Prospects must do anything another member tells him to do, that a member has done or would be willing to do himself.
9. Prospect will stand behind club and members.
10. No stealing from prospects.
11. Prospect must drive his car/bike to meeting at time of being voted into club.
12. Prospect must pay $150.00 for his patches before receiving them. Prospect fee covers patches and club sticker. This amount is not refundable.
15. Prospect members must be voted in by the court. Two ‘no’ votes equal a rejection. One ‘no’ vote must be explained.
16. Prospective member’s prospecting period is 6 months. Directorship shall decide when vote is necessary.
17. Every member of the court must vote for prospect to make center patch. Vote must be unanimous.
18. No prospect will be voted for center-patch with outstanding club debt.
19. Only the sponsor or a ranked member may hand out a patch to a prospect. This will be done at a meeting with other members present.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The rules of the club will be strictly enforced. If anyone breaks them, executive board will deal them with. If these rules and regulations are broken, it could mean either immediate dismissal or suspension, whatever the executive board sees fit.
Breaking any of the following Rules will be reason for immediately removal from club.
1. Failure to pay his dues according to the section dealing with the paying of dues. (This can be waived by vote)
2. No use of heroin or methamphetamines of any kind,in any form. Anyone using a needle for any reason other than a doctor prescribing its use on you will be considered a threat to the club.
3. If any brother gets hooked on any drug that is dangerous to the club he will be helped first. Then he will be dealt with by the executive board.
4. If you’re involved in illegal activities, don’t do it as a club member, don’t wear your patches, don’t drive your car with the club sticker on it, and don’t wear your club T-shirts.
5. There will be no stealing among members. Anyone caught will get an ass kicking and be kicked out of the club.
6. If a patch holder or prospect throws his patches or quits, patches are pulled.
If anyone breaks general rules, executive board will deal with them and/or voted by the court.
1. Members cannot belong to any other clubs. You can be affiliated with other clubs but not an active member.
2. If a group or individual attacks any member, the whole club shall stand behind him and fight if necessary. If, however, the member is drunk and aggressive and purposely starts an argument, the rest of the members will escort him away, or step between before trouble starts.
3. No member will destroy club property purposely.
4. No member will go against anything the club has voted for and passed.
5. No member will get together on their own and plan something for themselves on club cruises. It will be brought up to the whole club and the whole club will participate in anything that is decided upon.
6. The club will always stay together on cruises, meets, parties, bon fires, etc. When the time comes that the majority feels it is time to leave, we will all leave together. Anyone staying behind for a good reason will do so at his own risk and can expect no help.
7. Members will have good attendance. Members must have a good reason for not attending meetings or cruises, such as working, sickness, no transportation, and bike not running.
8. Brothers shall not fight each other with weapons; when any Dirty Germans fight another Dirty German, it is one on one, prospects same as members. FINE: $100.00 for breaking above rule and possible loss of patch, this will be decided by the court.
9. If you don’t help out the Club in its activities and you use the Club solely for your benefit, you will be warned. No second chance.
10. Do as you say or walk the line.
11. Losing privilege of wearing patches will also lose privilege of voting and ruling over prospects.
12. The administrator shall keep a clear record of all money paid in and out during the month and will balance it before every meeting; the books will be gone over once a month.
13. All Dirty German fines will be paid within 60 days. Fines will be paid to the administrator.
14. If you get busted and or go to jail, notify a ranked member immediately.
15. Where we go on our cruises will be voted upon by the court.
16. Each patch holder/prospect is required to maintain a valid motor vehicle license, which includes the authorization to operate a motorcycle if riding a bike. Members are also required to maintain current insurance for their vehicles.
17. If for some reason, such as a license suspension, a member can’t ride on the road for a long period of time, or if he is without a bike for a short time, he will turn in his patch and upon getting back on the road, the patch will be returned.
18. If a member’s car/bike is not running for a period of thirty days, unless he is in jail or hospital, his patches will be confiscated. This period is subject to change at the discretion of the executive board. This is a CAR AND BIKE CLUB! (this can be waived by vote)
19. Confirmation vote is required for all new patch-holders at their 12-month point. Unanimous vote from all good standing members of the court is required.
20. Absolutely no talking about Club business to persons outside the Club. 21. If you are told you are too drunk to drive, you will turn over your keys to a brother. You and your scooter will be taken care of.
22. If the Road Captain or another ranked member determines your car/bike is unsafe to ride, you are grounded until it is safe. You may ride with another brother in the meantime.
23. If a brother dies, the entire club will be in attendance to their ceremony wearing their patches to show support. We will have the party of parties to remember this brother.
24. All Club vehicles will be returned with all fluids full and in good condition.
25. Prospects will watch all cars/bikes when members are at Club functions, in bars, and anywhere the senior member present deems necessary.
26. There will be a Club cruise on a Sunday once a month. Whoever picks the run route will lead the pack behind the Road Captain.
1. Club dues are due by April of following year.
2. They are $25.00 per month or $300.00 yearly.
3. Dues will be paid to the Administrator.
4. Upon failure of paying dues, member shall be suspended and turn in his patches. After 30 days the court will vote on membership.
*The only exception to this shall be if a member is in jail or if he is out of town for a period of time. If he is in jail, dues won’t be expected, but if he is out of town dues will be paid when he returns.
5. All debts can be secured with collateral. Members will agree upon payment. Two patch holders must be present in any collateral transaction. If a member is using a vehicle of any sort that requires title or registration, title and registration must be turned over at time of transaction
6. If a vehicle of any sort that requires title and registration is donated, title and registration is signed over to Dirty Germans at the time of transaction. Donations are available for patched member club use.
7. Prospects pay $100 plus two months of membership for his patches the day he is voted prospect. This amount is not refundable.
1. Respect is to be shown to all club members, members’ cars/bikes, OL’ ladies/men, house, job, etc. In other words, if it’s not yours, don’t mess with it.
2. Respect your patch.
3. No stealing from members.
4. If you must fight between each other, take it outside and handle it like men, shake on it, and have a beer afterwards. All other punches will be thrown by security.
1. When a member leaves the club, member turns over patches to president of chapter.
2. Respect your patches; don’t let anyone take them from you except the president of the chapter.
3. Nothing will be worn on the back of your jacket/vest except the center club patch. Rank and Name above left front pocket, Chapter above right front pocket.
4. Patches must be worn at all times when driving or at club functions. Patches are not required to be worn to and from employment if not allowed by employer.
5. Only one of your brothers or your OL’ lady/man can babysit your patches.
6. If patch is lost or stolen, patch holder will be judged by the court.
7. The only way a member of Dirty Germans can retire and keep his patches is if local ranked court vote on it. Minimum time for retirement is 5 years.
1. Keep your personal drama out of the club and club business.
2. OL’ ladies/men wishing to be patched members must follow prospect guidelines and be patched in just like any other member.